When going to any country, you need to apply for a visa, and Vietnam as well. Entering Vietnam with visiting purpose requires Australian citizens to have Vietnam tourist visa. So what is Vietnam tourist visa and how to apply for it?
Vietnam is a wonderful destination with the sights of war in past, wooden sampans, floating markets, light of gold, fields of rice in new life. Once you touch this land, you will admire because of the marvelous nature. When going to any country, you need to apply for a visa, and Vietnam as well. Entering Vietnam with visiting purpose requires you to have Vietnam tourist visa. So what is Vietnam tourist visa and how can Australian citizens to apply for it?
Vietnam also has exemption program, there are many countries whose nationals are permitted to enter Vietnam without a visa, but of course there has a limited period. Please refer to the table below to check Vietnam tourist visa requirement first.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
If your nationality is not in exemption list and you are required a Vietnam tourist visa, do not be worried. The process of getting a visa turns out to be simpler than you think, which lots of supports from visa agent.
Validity of Vietnam tourist visa
As any kinds of visa, you need to apply for the period – how long you want to stay in Vietnam, because its validity refers to the length of time you are permitted to stay. It is time period from expected date of arrival on the application form to visa expiration date as shown on the visa and you can apply for a maximum validity of 3 months.
Note: You can obtain Vietnam tourist visa by businessmen for short business trip. Because the customs officer never concerns about your real purpose of the trip so there is not any problem at all when you do that.
How many types of Vietnam tourist visa?
Vietnam tourist visa can be issued on single and multiple entries. In case you want to travel frequently with a multiple entry visa, you do not have to obtain for a new visa every time you enter Vietnam. In contrast, in case you apply single entry visa, your visa will automatically expires immediately after you exit Vietnam.
What is the procedures of Vietnam tourist visa?
Applying for Vietnam tourist visa to Vietnam can be done personally or online depending on mode of transport you use to enter Vietnam.
Enter by bus or cruise
Travelers who enter Vietnam by bus or cruise are required to apply Vietnam tourist visa at Embassy or Consulate before reaching the border. What do you need to prepare? You have to submit these requirements (which may vary slightly from embassy to embassy):
- Your original passport with at least 6 months validity
- Visa application form (available at embassy office)
- 01 recent passport-sized photo
- Vietnam visa fee
To avoid long queue and wasting time, some embassies encourage the applicants to submit visa application by post or email. If you are unable to visit the embassy due to long distance or matters, you can contact the consular office in advance to check whether postal application is acceptable or not.
It will take you from 5 to 7 business days since the date of receipt of application to receive your visa. Expedited visa processing is available upon request.
Enter Vietnam by plane
We are happily to inform you that foreigners who arrive in Vietnam by air are able to get Vietnamese tourist visa either at embassy or Vietnam visa on arrival. We also recommend you to apply Vietnam visa on Arrival as it’s less time-consuming, hassle-free and cheap price.
How to get a Vietnam Tourist Visa in Australia?
Apply visa at Vietnam Embassy in Australia
By this way, visitors have to go to the Vietnam Embassy in Australia and apply for the Visa there. For both Australian passport and other countries passport, visitors need to come to embassy 2 times: one for applying and one for picking visa up.
For your convenience, we would like to give you the contact information of the Vietnam embassy in Australia as below:
Vietnam Embassy in Canberra
- Address: 6 Timbarra, Crescent, O’Malley, ACT 2606 ,Australia
- Phone: 61-2-6286 6059, 6290 1556, 6290 1894, 6286 6267
- Fax: 61-2-6286 4534
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 -12:30 and 13:30-16:00
Vietnam Consulate in New South Wales
- Address: Suite205, Level 2, Edgecliff Centre, 203-233 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, New South Wales 2027.
- Phone: (02) 9327 1912 / 9327 2539
- Fax: (02) 9328 1653
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9h00 -12h30 13h30-16h00
Consulate General of Vietnam in Perth
- Address: 8th Floor, No.16, St.Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
- Phone: (+61) 8 9221 1158
- Fax: (+61) 8 9225 6881
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Apply Vietnam visa On Arrival – E visa
This is the easiest and quickest way for both Australian citizens and others. To apply for the visa online, you need to find out a trusted visa agent to get them apply Vietnam Visa for you. In a very short time, after 5-7 working days, you will receive visa dispatch issued by Vietnam Immigration Department. Take it to any international border in Vietnam and get your visa stamped.
You just need to follow these simple step:
- STEP 1: FILLING OUT APPLY VIETNAM VISA FORM providing: Full name, Date of birth, Passport number, Nationality, Date of arrival, Vietnam visa length.
- STEP 2: GETTING THE CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS, but remember to double check your information before making payment via any cards and Paypal we accept and fill in the secure payment page for our visa service fee.
- STEP 3: RECEIVING YOUR APPROVAL LETTER AND INSTRUCTIONS TO GET YOUR VISA STAMPED We shall automatically process approval letter and give the result back to your contact’s email on the bookings as processing time.
Before applying for Vietnam Visa, you have to prepare some documents:
- Your passport with minimum 6 months after arrival to Vietnam and minimum 02 empty page left.
- A Credit/ Paypal account/Debit card
- Digital Passport Scan (main page)
- Digital ID/Passport image
The time you can get your Vietnam visa depends on the method of processing time you choose. The Vietnam Tourist Visa in Australia valid for 30 days after arrival, just 1 time entry/ exit. Moreover, it is a single entry visa and allows for a maximum stay of 30 days.
You should be noted:
- Service fee: This is the fee you pay visa agent for applying your visa request.
- Stamping fee: This is the fee ruled by the Immigration Department that you have to pay in cash at your arrival airport to be granted a Vietnam visa.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months and have at least 2 blanked left pages.
- ONLY person who travel by AIR to Vietnam can use Visa On Arrival.
- You can check your Vietnam visa fee by clicking Vietnam visa cost, remember to choose your nationality before submiting.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival, you can get your Vietnam visa in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Cairns, Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra or any cities in Australia. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
www.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money back guarantees for declined applications.
Should you need any further information or have any problem with visa, contact us:
- 1 Floor, 56A Nguyen Cu Trinh St, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 839 20 24 26
- Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18 \ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tollfree USA: 1866-278-6239