This comprehensive guide provides detailed instructions on how New Zealand citizens can apply for a Vietnamese visa. Whether you are planning to visit Vietnam for tourism, business, or work purposes, this guide will walk you through the process step by step.
1. Do New Zealand citizens need to apply for a visa to enter Vietnam?
Yes, all New Zealand citizens who wish to enter Vietnam for tourism or business purposes MUST apply for a Vietnamese visa.
In order to enter Vietnam, in addition to the visa, New Zealand tourists are also required to meet the following entry conditions:
- New Zealand passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Vietnam.
- New Zealand passport must have at least 2 blank pages.
2. Visa application procedure for New Zealand citizens visiting Vietnam
The visa application procedure for New Zealand citizens to enter Vietnam will vary depending on the purpose of their visit. In this article, Vietnam-visa will provide detailed instructions on how to apply for a tourist or business visa for New Zealand citizens. Here are the specific details.
2.1 Applying for a tourist visa for New Zealand citizens
Prior to Covid-19, New Zealand citizens had three options to apply for a visa to enter Vietnam, which included:
- Applying for a visa at the Embassy/Consulate of Vietnam,
- Applying for a visa on arrival,
- Applying for an eVisa.
However, currently, the options for obtaining visas at the airport and at the Embassy are temporarily suspended. Therefore, New Zealand citizens who wish to apply for a tourist visa for Vietnam need to apply for an eVisa.
Travelers can apply for an eVisa themselves on the government’s official website.
Some important notes when applying for a Vietnamese eVisa:
- Travelers must ensure they upload photos that meet the specified requirements.
- Ensure that all information provided in the application form is accurate.
- The system will not send the result via email, so travelers need to check the system for the outcome.
- The normal processing time is 3 working days, but it may take longer depending on the number of applications submitted for review.
In case travelers are unfamiliar with the application process, fear making mistakes in filling out the form, or require an urgent visa, they can request assistance from Vietnam-visa.
Vietnam-visa will provide travelers with the following support:
- Completing the application form and ensuring all information and photos provided meet the requirements of the Vietnamese government.
- Expedited processing if necessary.
- Monitoring the status of the visa application.
- Downloading the eVisa result and sending it via email along with instructions for entry into Vietnam.
The service procedure to apply for a Vietnamese eVisa with assistance from Vietnam-visa consists of three basic steps:
- Complete the online eVisa application form and make the payment.
- Receive the eVisa result within the chosen service timeframe.
- Download the eVisa result and present it at the Vietnamese border checkpoint to complete the entry process.
Service Fee for New Zealand Citizens Applying for e-Visa Zealand Citizens
Processing Time Fee (USD/passenger) 1-2 passengers 3-4 passengers From 5 passengers5-7 business days68 USD68 USD68 USDExpress☎ +84 968187718
This fee is for a 30-day tourist visa, including government and service fees.
👉Need assistance with applying for a travel e-visa? Apply now.
2.2 Procedures for Applying for Vietnam Business Visa for New Zealand Citizens
Currently, in order to obtain a Vietnam business visa (work visa), New Zealand citizens MUST have a sponsoring company in Vietnam. This would be the company where the New Zealand citizen will work, attend meetings, or engage in other commercial transactions.
The process of applying for a Vietnam business visa for New Zealand citizens requires documentation from both the sponsoring company and the foreign individual.
The procedure for applying for a Vietnam business visa involves two steps as follows:
Step 1: Request for Entry Permit Letter
- To request an entry permit letter, the sponsoring company will prepare the following documents:
- Notarized copy of Business Registration Certificate
- Form NA2: Entry Permit Letter Application for Foreigners
- Form NA16: Introduction of Company’s Signature and Seal
- Copy of the foreign individual’s passport
- Introduction letter of the person submitting the application
- Other required documents as necessary.
- The sponsoring company will then submit the application for entry permit letter to the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- After receiving the entry permit letter, the sponsoring company will scan and send it to the sponsored individual.
Step 2: Visa Sticker Application
- Upon receiving the entry permit letter, the sponsored individual will print it out.
- Applying visa sticker:
- If the entry permit letter states “visa sticker should be obtained at the Embassy/Consulate of Vietnam in the foreign country,” the sponsored individual will visit the Embassy/Consulate to obtain the visa sticker before traveling to Vietnam.
- If the entry permit letter states “visa sticker should be obtained at the Vietnam airport,” the sponsored individual will bring the entry permit letter and passport to apply for the visa sticker at the Vietnam airport upon arrival.
In case assistance is needed for the entry permit letter application, we are always ready to help. With our entry permit letter service at Vietnam-visa, you will receive:
Consultation on Document Preparation
- Providing guidance on the necessary documents to prepare
- Assisting in preparing documents that meet the requirements of the reviewing agency
- Supporting the submission of documents
- Monitoring the review process
- Assisting in receiving the results and forwarding them to the customer.
Our current fee for commercial visa application assistance services is as follows:
Processing Time | Fee (USD per person) -|– 5 – 7 working days | 188 USD 3 working days | Contact us at ☎ +84 968187718
This fee covers the service of supporting entry permit applications and does not include sticker fees at consulates or airports.