Are you planning a trip to Vietnam and wondering how to get from Hoi An to Danang? Look no further! This article will provide you with all the information you need to make this journey.
Hoi An: A Charming Ancient Town
Hoi An is a picturesque town located in central Vietnam. It is known for its well-preserved ancient architecture, vibrant cultural scene, and beautiful beaches. Every year, thousands of tourists flock to this charming town to soak up its unique atmosphere and explore its many attractions.
Things to See and Do in Hoi An
- Explore the Old Town: The Old Town of Hoi An is a UNESCO World Heritage site that boasts beautifully preserved ancient buildings, temples, and bridges. You can spend hours wandering around this area, taking in the sights and sounds of this historic town.
- Visit the Japanese Covered Bridge: This iconic bridge is one of the most famous landmarks in Hoi An. It was built in the 18th century by the Japanese community to link them with the Chinese quarter across the stream.
- Take a Cooking Class: Vietnamese cuisine is renowned for its delicious flavors and fresh ingredients. You can take a cooking class in Hoi An to learn how to prepare some of the local dishes, such as banh mi, pho, and spring rolls.
- Relax on the Beach: Hoi An has several beautiful beaches, including Cua Dai beach and An Bang beach. You can rent a sun lounger and relax under the warm sun, or take a dip in the cool waters of the sea.
How to Get from Hoi An to Danang
Danang is a bustling city located about 30 kilometers north of Hoi An. It is one of the largest cities in central Vietnam and is known for its beautiful beaches, scenic landscapes, and rich cultural heritage. If you’re planning to travel from Hoi An to Danang, there are several transportation options available.
Taking a taxi is the most convenient way to travel from Hoi An to Danang. You can easily hail a taxi from the street, or ask your hotel to arrange one for you. The journey takes around 45 minutes and costs between VND 350,000 – VND 450,000 (equivalent to USD 15-20).
By Private Car
If you prefer more privacy and comfort, you can also hire a private car to take you from Hoi An to Danang. This option is more expensive than taking a taxi, but it offers more flexibility and convenience. Several reputable car rental companies operate in Hoi An, such as Avis, Europcar, and Budget.
For adventurous travelers who enjoy exploring Vietnam on two wheels, renting a motorbike is a great option. You can rent a motorbike in Hoi An for around VND 150,000-200,000 (USD 7-9) per day and ride to Danang at your own pace. However, keep in mind that riding a motorbike in Vietnam can be dangerous, especially if you’re not an experienced rider.
Taking a bus is the cheapest way to travel from Hoi An to Danang. There are several local bus companies that operate on this route, such as Hanh Cafe, Hoang Long, and The Sinh Tourist. The journey takes around an hour and costs around VND 30,000-50,000 (USD 1-2).
Danang: A Vibrant Coastal City
Danang is a vibrant coastal city that has something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, food, or nature, you’ll find plenty of things to see and do in this city.
Things to See and Do in Danang
- Visit the Marble Mountains: The Marble Mountains are a group of five marble and limestone hills located about 9 kilometers south of Danang. They are famous for their stunning natural caves, pagodas, and shrines.
- Walk Along My Khe Beach: My Khe Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Vietnam. It stretches for miles along the eastern coast of Danang and offers stunning views of the ocean.
- Explore the Museum of Cham Sculpture: The Museum of Cham Sculpture is a must-see attraction for anyone interested in Vietnamese history and culture. It houses the world’s largest collection of Cham sculpture and artifacts, dating back to the 7th century.
- Try Local Food at Han Market: Han Market is a bustling market in the heart of Danang where you can find all kinds of local specialties, such as banh mi, nem lui, and bun cha ca.
Traveling from Hoi An to Danang is easy and convenient, thanks to the numerous transportation options available. Whether you choose to take a taxi, a private car, amotorbike, or a bus, you’ll be able to enjoy the scenic landscapes and vibrant culture of central Vietnam.
Hoi An and Danang are both unique destinations that offer plenty of attractions for visitors. From exploring the ancient architecture of Hoi An to relaxing on the beautiful beaches of Danang, there’s something for everyone in these two cities. So why not plan a trip to Vietnam and experience the charm and beauty of Hoi An and Danang for yourself?